Collection and Use of Personal Information
They may also combine it with other information to provide and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. Here are some examples of the types of personal information ABM International, Inc. may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an ABM International, Inc. ID, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an ABM International, Inc. Retail Store, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using ABM International, Inc. products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on ABM International, Inc. forums, ABM International, Inc. may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- In the U.S., we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) but only in limited circumstances such as when setting up a wireless account or when determining whether to extend commercial credit.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on ABM International, Inc.’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ABM International, Inc., you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ABM International, Inc.’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual.
- We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an ABM International, Inc. product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times ABM International, Inc. may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with ABM International, Inc. to provide products and services, or that help ABM International, Inc. market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize ABM International, Inc. and its carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by ABM International, Inc. and its carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by ABM International, Inc. to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. Service Providers ABM International, Inc. shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever ABM International, Inc. operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for ABM International, Inc. to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
ABM International, Inc. takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. ABM International, Inc. online services such as the ABM International, Inc. Online Store and iTunes Store use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. When you use some ABM International, Inc. products, services, or applications or post on an ABM International, Inc. forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.innovalongarm.com. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ABM International, Inc. is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on ABM International, Inc. products, ABM International, Inc. and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your ABM International, Inc. computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by ABM International, Inc. and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services. Some location-based services offered by ABM International, Inc., such as the “Find My iPhone” feature, require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third-Party Sites and Services
ABM International, Inc. websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party iPhone app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Company wide Commitment to Your Privacy